As most of you may know, most of the liquidity of HAKKA on Ethereum is currently on Uniswap V2 and Balancer V1. However, both of them have released updated versions; the landscape of DEX has changed a lot these days. As a result, I believe it’s a good time to consider migrating liquidity to somewhere else.
At first glance, Balancer seems to be the better choice to me, considering we are a more long-tail-ish token. There’s a higher chance that we’ll build stuff on top of Balancer with its flexibility. Besides, using Balancer V2 can be more inclusive than Uniswap V3 to different sizes of liquidity providers as well.
There are some non-functional aspects to be considered:
- Users are more familiar with Uniswap interface
- Price Aggregators (Coingecko, CMC) support Uniswap better than support Balancer
- Applying liquidity mining on UNI V3 LP will be more complicated
- Balancer provides extra incentive for LPs of eligible tokens(not sure if on V2 as well)
- Balancer sponsors BAL to traders as compensation for gas
Overall, I recommend let’s migrate liquidity to Balancer V2 first. If things have changed, we can make different decisions later.